I have been writing stories ever since I was a child, creating little books and flash fiction to express my love of writing,
I attended the University of Portsmouth in 2014 and studied Creative Writing and Film Studies. I graduated in 2017 with a 2:1 of 68.4%/3.4 GPA.
At university I began writing narrative for games, as well as articles focussing on a wide range of topics. I now work as a writer and producer.
I have experience as a narrative creator and developed skills such as;
- Writing as an individual remotely as well as in a team in a writing room environment.
- Writing linear and non-linear scripts (dialogue and description), chapter breakdowns character/location bibles and branching narrative maps, alongside editing and re-writing to a deadline.
- Continuing work from another writer’s script as well as developing my own scripts.
- Collaborating with other departments such as Art and Design to realise the creative vision.
- Check out my narrative portfolio here.
Alongside working as a narrative creator, I am also a producer. I have experience in;
- Planning upcoming releases, both for new IPs and established franchises, helping build user bases as well as getting old users to return to the product.
- Launching A/B tests, creating notifications to users, and writing reports based on our findings.
- Analysing data to better direct the product and services for our users.
- Budgeting and hiring freelancers to help with creation of material.
In my free time I write critically on video games and films.
- I ran The Student Film Review, a film review website, which was awarded one of the “Best Student Blogs Of 2016” by Bellvue Students.
- On thomasclement.net, I have written on several topics such as game narrative, dialogue, level design, LGBT characters, violence, and gender representation.
- I have also written for The Galleon newspaper and Star & Crescent magazine.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my site, I hope you enjoy my work!
If you would like to contact me use the form below. You can also find me on Twitter.