I am Thomas Clement and I am a freelance video game writer.
I attended the University of Portsmouth and studied Creative Writing and Film Studies. I graduated in July 2017, with a 2:1 of 68.4%.
At university, I began to write video games, each tackling a different tone, style, and genre and I now work as a freelance writer, as well as writing theory on games.
In terms of games, I have experience in;
- Writing as an individual as well as in a team in a writing room environment.
- Continuing work from a previous writer’s script or developing my own.
- Writing linear and non-linear scripts (dialogue and description), chapter breakdowns character/location bibles and branching narrative maps, alongside editing and re-writing to a deadline.
- Collaborating with other departments such as game design to realise the creative vision.
As well as writing narrative, I also have experience in writing critically on video games and films.
- I ran The Student Film Review, a film review website, which was awarded one of the “Best Student Blogs Of 2016” by Bellvue Students.
- On thomasclement.net, I have written on several topics such as game narrative, dialogue, level design, LGBT characters, violence, and gender representation.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my site, I hope you enjoy my work!
If you would like to contact me, use the form below. You can also find me on Twitter.